The beneficiaries of the project is the Milton Farmers Co-operative on 36 hectares of leased land owned by the Kouga Local Municipality.
ABI Africa is managing the project by specifically focusing on the following:
- Irrigation infrastructure assessment.
- Technical reporting and planning
- Irrigation infrastructure installation and repair
- Planting, planning, rotation and technical management.
- Cultivar selection, crop planting and timing to provide winter feed, including irrigation implementation.
- General farming practices
The Fodder Production project aims to strengthen the economic benefits of agriculture
and works towards a functional and profitable group of agricultural enterprises based on the arable farmland occupied by emerging rural farmers.